Saturday, April 10, 2010

Remember & Clouds

Hi friends! I know I haven't written any lately. The first one I started several days ago, but only finished today. The second one was all today. Oh, well technically yesterday. Hope you like. I haven't really even re read them since I wrote them. Hopefully the first one flows seeing it was written possibly with two different moods! lol* :)

Remember~

Remember the memory of youth
And I remember how I held you
Always made it better even when it wasn't
And now it isn't my place and I don't want it to be better
I just want it to be different

And I've come to the conclusion I will never be good enough
You need patience just to look me in the eye
I'm quite the wild woman
I don't even remember what it was like to be tamed
Like a wild horse held by reins always looking to escape
Now I jump at the slightest movement

So could you understand that
When it comes down to it
Could we focus on the underlying meaning
The trials will never cease unless we learn and endure
And I've offered up the remainder of who I am
For you to accept as what I have

And I am open to all the conversing
Even the mundane sounds of our tired voices
As we drift off into the night, not exactly making snse
But not quite delusional
But maybe, I am delusional for you
Maybe you are out of my grasp

And I've come to the conclusion I will never be good enough
You need patience just to look me in the eye
I'm quite the wild woman
I don't even remember what it was like to be tamed
Like a wild horse held by reins always looking to escape
Now I jump at the slightest movement

But you could change me in a heartbeat with just a simple comfort

Clouds~

The brush stroke of the painter was mesmerizing
It was as though he knew all I had been through
All that I was, and then vivid colors depicted the spirit child that I was
Moving seamlessly through this life path I like to call home
And my head is always in the clouds where I would make my heaven

Sunsets in orange, yellow, and red cover up my head
I hide myself in them
My eyes connecting and wondering where the rest of me would rest
If I had to choose
Rest alone sounds like a peaceful plan
When I'm always thinking of my next personal stand

I would like to be more dependent than independent for maybe a day
A simple catering to my personality
But the world's too crowded to fall into the same routine
And I've never been good at causing a scene
Not that I wouldn't if it had merit or benefit

And we all connect in a way that makes us vulnerable
Even the thickest skin can shed if the right words are thrown around
But I'll just take my elusive clouds, live on them and watch the world's colors change
So don't forget me when I'm gone
Just know I am comfy on my cloud
And never too far away
My heaven clouds
Creating my own

2 comments:

  1. I love your poems! They are you, your thoughts and feelings, and many people will identify with them.
    Your poems certainly give me something to think about.
    Keep on writing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I always appreciate your encouraging words! :)

    ReplyDelete