Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Uncut & Down, Down

Sorry it's been awhile. Had password problems. Every time I tried to change my info to gmail it refuses me. I would really like to change it, because it would be easier. Siiiigh. Anyway, new ones!

Uncut~

Classified in the classifieds as something more than you pay me for
And the distance we keep drawing in imperfect lines in the sand have shown me up
And the loneliness drives me into the arms of the windy nights that never satisfy
Because with him so far away how can anything satisfy my needs

And I know you've already forgotten what I brought out in you
Good and bad, because I know I fell for you for you
And loved you imperfections and all

You're my closest memory and you stagger in at one a.m.
And I get to drinking just to block that hole you left in your wake
It goes down harsh, but it's deserved because I can't move on
I curl up in the arms of the windy night knowing it can't satisfy

Foolishly I cling to a memory I've probably doctored a thousand times
Knowing you are everything I know could never be placed in front of me
Because I'm aching for the emperor's platter, but I'm stuck in a buffet line
You're a diamond and I'm the rough, or the uncut ruby, rugged but possibly beautiful
Just undiscovered

I look the part, act the part, of a damsel
But you were just in more distress than I
And who was I to upstage your needs?
So I am now classified in the classifieds as something more than is seen by the naked eye
But what you are missing with your eyes is the most important
It's the clearest, but I'm left out of focus
And why would you waste your time with me?

Down, Down~

Take it down a notch
Take it down a little further
Because I can't take your squeal
I can't take your angry peal
And this fighting is just over-whelming

And I see it going down, down
Fading into the carpet with words of anger
Words that seep and can't be taken back
And colors swell in the corridor

I see it as pointless and vain
I see you just want attention for your pain
And I am unwilling to stroke the willing ego
Any, any more
Because it's a waste of time

Please take it down another notch
I'm starting to see things
And my head is spinning
And the room is reeling with your stubborn mask
Of making it your solitary task
Of ruining me

And I see it going down, down
The end is near
And the carpet is soaked with beer
Because you couldn't take no more
And I am a mean, mean woman
And you are an angry bore

I let you make believe you made me happy
Because I didn't want to lose you into the night
Foolish, because I needed that space I was unwilling to give myself
Because when you're around all we do is fight

5 comments:

  1. you know I'm really beginning to love your writing... sparks things in me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it Sir Thomas! Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your poetry. It stirs things up in me that have long been forgotten.

    Sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your computer. If you need any help, just give me a shout, and I'll try to help you out.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad! 'Uncut' is very, very personal to me.
    I'm been overly sad about life lately, and that bit of poetry just came pouring out of me last night. Each time I reread it I'm in awe at how perfectly my emotions and feelings came out in it. :) I'm glad it can be used to touch other's lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I love your poetry to. I like raw emotion and passion. :)

    ReplyDelete