Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vulnerable ~Me

Creating the chaos
That accompanies my life in yours
And I found you there
Looking a little like a puppy
Lost and vulnerable
But oh, so beautiful

I couldn't tell any different
Because my eyes were filled with yours
And the tears were streaming and we were brought closer
In an instant
In a moment
In a prick of a needle
Our blood melded
Making us one
Making us none
None in a million

Could this be the beginning
Of something
Young, old, new, bold
Standing on the old soap box
Preaching that same old song
To the same people gullible enough to take it in

But I'm feeling love can only come once this lifetime
And I can't be all too sure it's our time
So I keep my struggles moving on
Until I have the perfect words to feel the beat of his song
And it's not getting any easier
With the timing always being off
But the sun I know will come back up
Even if it never rises for me
I always see it fade away
Past the ocean
Past the tides
Past this ache in my sides

And I found you there
Looking a little like a puppy
Lost and vulnerable
But oh, so beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment