Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Feet

Happy feet
Sing with me
Slide around on our socks
A child's play
A secret conversation
Whispered Giggles fill our senses

And I feel your arms around my waist
Hold me tight
Feeling my tiny frame
Skin so soft
Heart a melting rock
Pretty face
Stand in place
Admiration in both our eyes

And I know ultimately you have nothing to offer me now
But good food, warm bed, comical conversation
And maybe that's all we need
A fellow kindred spirit
Maybe that's all we need
An uncommon lyric

Maybe it's too soon
Hopefully not too late
And I want to demonstrate what I've learned
But I can't see you drifting
And giving my life any more meaning

Am I being foolish, letting you hold me?
Should I more easily pull away
But there's just something
Just something there
At the very edge
Scratching on the surface
Of my mushy brain
It's driving me insane
Because you are the highlight of my day

Happy feet
Sing with me
Guide me to that place
Look me face to face
Eye to eye; Toe to toe
See how our river will flow
Through mountains
Becoming ice
Solid
Firm
Cold
We don't always do as we're told

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, sweetie-

    "And I feel your arms around my waist
    Hold me tight
    Feeling my tiny frame
    Skin so soft
    Heart a melting rock
    Pretty face
    Stand in place
    Admiration in both our eyes"

    This part actually gave me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much! :D Wow. I never thought anything I would write would give someone goosebumps lol* :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that gave me a tingle too! Very moving, and very, very good!

    ReplyDelete