Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spoons

The spoons are lying on the table
Face up
Untouched
Unloved
And I'm deep
I am deeper than you know

And I believe I miss people more than they miss me
Maybe it's just my sentimentality
For all the connections in this small world we make
For how many breaths we share
During the duration of a day
And how many of us just take and take

Standing at the end of the pavement
Looking down the street
Sullen girl with tangled hair
Wondering where her friends are
The tea party all ready
The spoons all shiny
Untouched
Unloved

Don't you know the end is near
So screams the homeless man at the end of the block
Maybe it's just the end of sanity
And I wonder what it would be like to be him
Smelly, nervous, always ranting a conspiracy theory
Doesn't know where his next meal will come from
But if he wouldn't soil my floor I would ask him to tea
Just can't have my mother mad at me

Baby blues scanning the rows of cars whizzing by
And I may give up soon
As the sun melts away
And I'm lonely again
For the birds are nesting and quieting down for a long nap
The ants are still busy
Too busy for me

The spoons are lying on the table
Face up
Untouched
Unloved
And I'm deep
I am deeper than you know

2 comments:

  1. The tea-party is all ready,

    This sounds very "Alice in Wonderland-ish" I just loved it. It read very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! I was indecisive about it lol*

    ReplyDelete