Friday, November 6, 2009

Tragic

And it breaks my heart
To see you this way
Don't you know you are the music in my head?
And you take it so lightly

But I know every part of you hurts
And so tired you must be
And much too sensitive to deal with me

But there's so much more to me than all this bad luck
And i don't think you will ever see me
For more than a tragedy
I thought for a few months I was so strong
Now I see I was so, so wrong

And you're like a ray of sunshine
Beating up my world of grays
But you won't settle down to brighten up my entire world
Instead you leave me pining for more
And I wish I didn't give you this control

Beautiful, beautiful boy
Settle down for a moment
Give me your eye to eye
I love when you simply hold me
Even though I know it's not me who you see

Tragic
Not a pretty girl
Doesn't want to be a damsel
Not willing to sacrifice
A paper doll
Tinkerbelle
A scarf blowing in the wind
Still a sacrificial lamb off to the slaughter
Waiting for another wolf to grab her

And you, not her prince
But when I look you in the eyes and we come to an agreement
You could stand here and be my sweet frog
Who could even stand a happy ending?

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...(but I think it got cut off at the end there...)

    It sounds like a song....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Oops... you are right! lol* The last verse is:

    And you, not her prince
    But when I look you in the eyes and we connect
    I very much wish you were...

    ReplyDelete