Monday, November 9, 2009

Dreamings

In my dream last night I was up at work. (I work at a local coffeeshop) And a girl kept ordering things we did not make. It was her birthday and I felt bad. The last thing she ordered was a coke smoothie. So I went to ask one of the managers, Nick, if he thought I could make it in the smoothie machine. He said it was worth a try, so I went to do that. (Oh and Sweet's had turned into an over sized warehouse.)

But as I walk back over there my bosses' wife motions me over to her. And standing next to her is a retty blonde girl. Who is supposed to be Avery their daughter (now in real life Avery is 2... in dreamland Avery is about 19, and kinda looks like Taylor Swift). She says to me, "Ashley we've decided to move up Avery's wedding date. What is the best way to let people know that?"

At first I can't think of anything, plus I'm still in contemplation of how to make a blended coke float in essence. I mention the wedding section of a newspaper. They look unconvinced. It's February in my dream. So I ask how soon they are pushing it up June wedding? May? I say if they can wait until April or May they could put it in the lifestyles section of the newspaper. They have a huge pullout section just for weddings. Could have a full page article.

My bosses' wife is exciting. Saying Aaron said they could send whatever on it. He mumbles, "I didn't say whatever..."

It flashes nearer to their wedding day. I am still at work.

Suddenly in my dream I feel very upset. Like I can't breathe. I start running down thsi long hall pulling off these black gloves. Feeling panicked. I find a room and rush into it. Throwing my back against it and start to cry. There is nothing in the room but dinge and concrete floors and walls. (kinda looked straight out of Hostel... but no weird torture devices)

Someone else tries to bust through - I yell I'm in here! But feel guilty for crying and keeping the room all to myself. So I open the door. And pretty Avery comes in. "Oh" she says... she looks uncomfortable. I ask her if she's okay. She nods and says she just, "Has nerves." She's in a simple, long, white lacy wedding dress. Her hair down, wavy with a tiara. I hate that I was acting so upset.

Then she crumbles to her knees, missing the trash can (the only thing in the room) and throwing up on the floor. (okay so it kinda reminded me of Shrek-snot) I ask her is she's okay... getting down beside her my hand on her back. She has missed her dress luckily. Se merely nods.

Then I realize. "Are you pregnant? Is that why you moved up the wedding? Oh honey."

"Seven weeks," she says.

I congratulate her and tell her she's going to be beautiful on her wedding day. And then get her up and we walk out of the nasty warehouse room.


I love how the locations of my dreams are so weird. lol* And how I'm always changing Sweet's looks. Last time it was in a sky-scraper and I was flying to the top that had a loft apartment. Last night it was a coffee shop slammed into a Hostel Warehouse. Odd girl.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an....interesting dream! It sounds like you've put a lot of responsibility on your shoulders...you're being asked to make things, or you're supposed to have all the answers. Those dreams sound like you're stressed! What is it with the whole wedding-theme? That came up a few times....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I am stressed and I do have lots of responsibility lol*
    Maybe because my divorce is almost finalized is the reason for the wedding theme. :)

    ReplyDelete