Monday, December 21, 2009

Escape and Trinket

Escape~
See this pot?
It could be a flower pot
Could be a lovely piece of pottery
Or it could be just another thing for you to piss on

Piss or get off my pot
Because I can't tell you how tired I am of waiting
To see where the holes in your jeans are
Are you a doer, or do you want it all done for you
Are there holes in the knees or on your seat

And you're a curious beast
When you're on the outside you only want in
When you're kept inside all you want is some escape
Escape into the big world of possibility
Escape into unimaginable beauty
And I can't selfishly just want you with me

Together neither of us win
But I can't seem to let go
Because without you have I anything?
Because without you would I say anything?

See this pot?
Clay, ceramic, chipped, perfect
I can't wait any longer for it to dry
So I think we all know what this means
Never make you happy
It's just another thing for you to piss on
And then move on
And then move on

Escape into the world of possibility
Escape into unimaginable beauty
Escape, escape from me
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
Trinket~
I leave the rest of this behind
Leather suitcase
I leave the keys on your side table
My toothbrush packed

And I wonder
Simply
How long it will take you to discover
Totally
That I am missing from your
Pristine
Life of completion

Will you notice my lotion is gone
Will you feel the bed is a little colder
Will you wonder about my razor

Will it be as though I never existed

I leave the rest of this behind
Never to return
Never to look into your crystal blue eyes again
Will I miss you? When I've left you?

Can I become a trophy antidote
For your little parties
A champagne toast
To the girl with most
Or least sense
Because who, who would leave you?

The box you kept me in
Though was shiny
It was a little cramped
Considering the vastness of this world

And I loved you for it
You confused me by it
Kept locked away
A party favor
A trinket

And now will it be as if your little toy never existed?
Is that what happens when little boys break it?
Or the newness wears off?
It just isn't fun anymore is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment