Thursday, February 2, 2017

A pity

Tonight everything looks so bleak
I see nothing of the stars that I know must be in the sky
Or have they fallen like every one of my tears
I am missing it all, even the things I haven't lost yet
The things I know are waiting in dark corners for me to kiss goodbye
But I'm not ready
Denial, my dear friend
My home, sweet home.
Don't make me leave and face that cold wind of the outside
There isn't enough coffee in the world to wake me from this dream

And I realized as you held me that there is nothing here
Nothing to write home about
And you are a dead tree... branches bent and hollow... brittle bark... falling apart
And not the strong, steady full blossomed branches that I need
Strength I have craved and has always remained elusive

And why does it bother you that I grieve?
When you so cavalierly stomp to prove you don't need me to continue to walk
You got this
You're fine
No comfort for me as you push this chick out of your nest, after helping her forget how to fly on her own
And you pity me, but you don't deserve to feel that
And maybe you will never see your loss
You may wake up peacefully alone in your bed
But I will know and one day baby, I will pity you

No comments:

Post a Comment