Thursday, May 31, 2012

The End of Another Unfulfilled Fairy Tale

It has been forever. I don't know if anyone reads this anymore. LoL I have been writing all this time, but I guess hording my poetry. Bad. Bad.

This one is a new one I wrote in a memo on my phone.

I'd hold on to you if I thought you could support my fingernails.
But you can't, or you don't want to
And I am losing grip.
And you are looking out to the distance.

I've tasted your humble pie, because you always leave it cold on the dish.
And I hate its taste, but I refuse to leave it ignored on the plate
And I know as long as I am in the room you have no intention to eat.
Maybe you would like to eat it with someone new.
Someone worth it.

And I just thought after all this time I meant more to you.
And you keep making sure I know I don't rank
and soon you blame it on me
You'll say it was something I said.
And I'll say it was something you ate.
And turn. And it will be no more.

I am getting nothing here but hurt.
And even my dreams are filled with fears of being forever alone.
And I wake up crying, and I wake up cold.
I wake up wishing I had another Lonely Night to creep into his nameless arms and bed.
And forget about your arms, your bed, your confused head.
I still long for you to hold me and tell me I am okay.

I have to end this.

No comments:

Post a Comment